Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Aunt Norma's Whole Wheat Waffle Mix

My great-aunt Norma was one of my most favorite people. She was amazing at so many things. She always said that these waffles should be served when "there is just a nip of Fall in the air". Though Fall is a long way off from our 110° Arizona Summer days, my dad is getting a fancy waffle iron for Father's Day (his request) from my sisters and I, and I'm also making up a batch of this mix to go with it.

Aunt Norma's Whole Wheat Waffle Mix

Combine the following, and store in an airtight container in the freezer:
10 C. Whole Wheat Flour
4 C. AP White Flour
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Baking Powder
2 C. Powdered Milk
4 tsp. Salt

To make waffles for 6-8 people, mix:
4 C. Dry Waffle Mix
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 C. Oil
3 1/2 C. Water

Whisk together well, and bake in a ready waffle iron.

1 comment:

Mommabees said...

I think waffles make a nice summer supper too.